Dec 31, 2013
This was a lazy year for me. I didn't spend as much time as I would've liked listening to new music. I'm honestly surprised I even listened to 10 albums this year. Even so there were some albums I really enjoyed (although not 10 of them). I think 2014 is going to be really good, so I'm hoping for a top 10 again.
5. Neko Case- The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You...
Favorite songs: Ragtime, Local Girl
4. David Bowie- The Next Day
Favorite songs: I'd Rather Be High, Heat
3. The National- Trouble Will Find Me
Favorite songs: Fireproof, Humiliation
2. Janelle Monae- The Electric Lady
Favorite songs: Victory, Ghetto Woman
1. Jessie Ware- Devotion
Favorite songs: Running, Taking In Water
Tegan & Sara- Heartthrob. I get that they've always leaned towards pop and that this is their full on pop album, but it's just not that great of an album. The pop songs were better when they weren't trying so hard to be pop.
Looking forward to in 2014:
EMA, St. Vincent, Emm Gryner
Dec 30, 2013
After barely making my goal of 35 books last year, I set this year's goal for 20 books. I ended the year at 26 books.
Here are my 5 favorite books I read this year. Again, I only read a few books
released in 2013, so not enough for a separate list.
- The Absent One- Jussi Adler-Olsen
- Top of the Rock- Warren Littlefield
- Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn
- Faceless Killers- Henning Mankell
- Caveat Emptor- Ken Perenyi