Apr 1, 2009
This decade has been pretty lousy for music, which doesn't come as much of a surprise to me, but I really thought that the early years were much better than they actually were. The stupidest realization I've had during this process is that hey, there's a reason you haven't listened to some of these album since they were new....THEY ARE CRAP! Imagine that, some rhyme and reason to my listening habits. 2001 was filled with albums from bands that just went to hell afterwards, and in some cases, on that particular album (I'm looking at you, Remy Zero). I was going to post my original best of list from 2001, but frankly, it's embarrassing. Let's just move on to 2002.
- Bic Runga- Beautiful Collision
- The Black Keys- The Big Come Up
- Bright Eyes- Lifted....
- Neko Case- Blacklisted
- Emm Gryner- Asianblue
- The Good Life- Black Out
- Imperial Teen- On
- Interpol- Turn On The Bright Lights
- Sondre Lerche- Faces Down
- Long Winters- The Worst You Can Do is Harm
- Sonic Youth- Murray Street
- Spoon- Kill the Moonlight
- Queens of the Stone Age- Songs for the Deaf